Eating Healthy in Cambridge
Cambridge Food Resource Guide
Information about food pantries, free community meals, food resources for older adults, and more.
English | Amharic | Arabic | Bengali | Haitian Creole
Portuguese | Simplified Chinese | Spanish
SNAP, WIC & More
Cambridge has many stores that accept SNAP and/or WIC benefits. See the full list of corner stores and grocery stores where you can use these food programs!
SNAP Match & More at Farmers Markets
Buy more food for less money when using SNAP Match, HIP, Senior coupons and WIC coupons at participating farmers markets.
Learn how and where you can use these programs.
Need help signing up for SNAP or WIC? Want more information on ways to find low-cost or free food? Call:
- Project Bread, 800-645-8333
- Cambridge Economic Opportunity Committee (CEOC), 617-868-2900.
For Farmers Market Managers
Accepting SNAP at your market is a great way to support farmers, increase sales, and help people afford food more easily. SNAP Matching funds may be available to some markets, and shoppers could also use WIC and Senior Coupons. Learn more about managing shopper benefits.
Cooking and Nutrition Resources
Cambridge In Motion Resources
- Guide to Healthier Snacking
English | Amharic | Bengali | Haitian CreolePortuguese | Spanish
Some of our favorite places to find healthy and delicious recipes:
- Good and Cheap Cookbook (free pdf)
- Food Hero Recipes (Oregon State University Extension)
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart. (Iowa State University Extension)
Some of our favorite nutrition resources:
- Eatright.org (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- The Nutrition Source (Harvard University)
Updated: January 30, 2023