What We Do
The division provides epidemiological, data management, and analysis support to all Cambridge Public Health Department divisions, as well as outside groups.
- Surveillance of communicable and chronic diseases
- Investigation of communicable disease outbreaks
- Data analysis and visualization, including geographic analysis
- Program evaluation, survey design and implementation
- Health surveillance reports
- Regional epidemiological assistance to health departments in Emergency Preparedness Region 4b
- Massachusetts Community Health Information Profile (MassCHIP)
- MetroBoston DataCommon
- U.S. Census Data
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Data and Statistics
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
Student Opportunities | Internships & Practicums
The Epidemiology Division is always looking for talented students to support its work. If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Did You Know?
Do you know why 19th century physician John Snow is considered the father of modern epidemiology? Visit the University of North Carolina School of Public Health’s excellent multimedia presentation on John Snow to learn more.
Updated: July 5, 2022