Nutrition — Early Childhood Providers & Programs
Early Childhood Support: Early Education and Care & Out of School Time
We help early childhood providers craft healthy spaces for the city’s youngest learners. Our expertise in food, nutrition, physical activity, and screen time is waiting for you. Free technical assistance (TA) is available to our partners in this work! Join us in promoting healthier lifestyles with your children, staff, and community.
We provide TA for daycare programs, home daycare centers, preschools, after-school programs, and others. Partnering with us is easy!
Examples of projects we can assist with:
- Help childcare sites become ‘Breastfeeding Friendly’
- Plan taste tests, cultural programs, and onsite menu upgrades (for meals & snacks)
- Provide healthy, low cost, and tasty recipes
- Organize family night nutrition classes and cook-alongs
- Start a garden or another growing project
- Provide staff wellness support (including healthy eating, movement, and more.)
- Teacher/Staff workshops on food, the eating environment, the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and more.
View our Resource Bank for a wealth of downloadable materials that support healthy eating and active living projects!
- Food Activities & Serving Food Onsite
- Gardening & Growing
- Materials on Healthy Eating for Families
- Materials on Movement & Active Living for Families
- Staff Wellness
Would you like to start a healthy eating/active living project and want some support? Are you looking for something that you didn’t find here or in our Resource Bank? Email Brigitte DeVeau, public health nutritionist, for assistance!
Updated: January 30, 2023